We recently conducted some research into the impact of bereavement and grief on productivity. The results were fascinating...
- 100% of respondents said that their performance at work was significantly impacted for at least 6 months after a bereavement.
- Over 75% of respondents said that their performance was negatively impacted for 2 years or more.
That is a staggering cost to every business, and one that is almost invisible to most.
That's one of the reasons why I have this vision:
- That every workplace and every school will equip staff to have resourceful conversations about death, dying and bereavement.
- Every service provider will know how to be sensitive to bereaved customers.
- Every manager will know how to support bereaved staff.
- Every teacher will know what to say to a bereaved pupil.
- Every parent will know how to prepare their children.
- And each of us will know what to say to bereaved friends and colleagues, and how to say it.
Because every single day, when someone dies, dozens more people are affected by their death.
Madeleine Allen is a human leader in a corporate world. She delivers training in Soft Skills with Hard Benefits, enabling leaders to be compassionate AND profitable.